Announcing the Application Cutoff Dates for the Upper Susquehanna Agricultural BMP Implementation Program

Are you an agricultural producer interested in implementing practices to treat the runoff from barnyards and bunk silos, implementing milkhouse waste systems, or helping store and manage manure? Interested in protecting the Susquehanna River? You can access funding through the Regional Conservation Partnership Program.
The Upper Susquehanna Coalition administered by the Tioga County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD), has partnered with the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to implement barnyard management practices in the Upper Susquehanna watershed through the Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP) utilizing funding from the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP). Practices funded through this program will reduce sediment and nutrient runoff into the waters of the Susquehanna River.
Funding is available to agricultural producers to implement practices to treat the runoff from barnyards and bunk silos, implement milkhouse waste systems, and to help store and manage manure. Local Partners and NRCS offices will work together to provide assistance to producers in the project area in planning and implementing conservation practices.
The RCPP-EQIP Upper Susquehanna program is offered in the Upper Susquehanna watershed area of the following counties: Allegany, Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Herkimer, Livingston, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Ontario, Otsego, Schoharie, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, and Yates.
This RCPP partnership announces July 21, 2017 as the application cutoff date for the first round of funding. Applicants must provide a copy of their Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan by August 18, 2017 for consideration in this round of funding. All applications are competitive and are ranked based on locally identified resource priorities and the overall benefit to the environment.
Interested landowners should contact their local NRCS office for additional information and to obtain an application. You can locate your local NRCS office by using the web site:
If you are interested in applying for an NRCS conservation program please visit our web site for more information:
As part of application process, all landowners will need to complete USDA eligibility requirements. To find information on EQIP Eligibility please visit: 4p2_027069 

Avatar of Lindsay Borman

Lindsay Borman

Posted in

Leave a Comment