The Cornell Small Farms Program and New York Farmer Veteran Coalition will be hosting a celebration of our state’s farmer veterans in Syracuse, NY on Nov 29th. The 2017 New York State Veterans in Agriculture Conference will take place from 9 am to 4:30 pm at the Arts & Home Center at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse. Following the conference, a networking reception will be held from 4:30 to 6 pm.
We invite veterans, service providers, and service organizations to attend, network, benefit from our technical training and professional development sessions, and share resources.
- Network with other veterans who share an interest in agriculture
- Connect with service providers committed to the success of farmer veteran agri-entrepreneurs, and with service organizations and the resources they have to offer
- Attend targeted technical training for farmers focused on:
- Livestock Health
- Building your Business
- High Tunnels
- Develop as service providers through a ‘Supporting our Veteran Farmers’ session and Veteran Service Organization Roundtable Discussions
- Celebrate what NY agriculture has to offer for grounding, healing and connecting with local communities
The day will include opening remarks from Commissioner Ball and Senator Ritchie, a special announcement from the New York Farmer Veteran Coalition, Inc, and networking and training sessions for both veterans and service providers. Join us in a celebration of our farmer-veterans and of those who serve military veterans and beginning farmers in New York State.
Registration is now closed. A block of rooms has been reserved at Embassy Suites near Destiny USA for attendees traveling longer distances; to reserve a room at the reserved rate click here, or take a look at a list of other hotel options.
This event is hosted by the Cornell Small Farms Program and the New York Farmer Veteran Coalition, Inc, and co-sponsored by Farm Credit East, the New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets, the New York Farm Bureau, and the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture, under award number 2015-70017-22882.