Are you looking for ways to farm profitably without getting bigger? Do you like to read about families who are living a good life on a small farm? Are you looking for new ideas, tips and resources to help you reach your farm and family goals? If so, you’ll enjoy Small Farms Quarterly. It’s for full-time and part-time farmers, experienced and beginning farmers, and even folks who are just thinking about getting into farming.
Our goals are to:
- Celebrate the Northeast region’s smaller farms
- Inspire and inform farm families and their supporters
- Help farmers share expertise and opinions with each others
- Increase awareness of the benefits that small farms contribute to society and the environment
- Share important research, extension, and other resources with our readers
SFQ is a project of Cornell’s Small Farms Program, in cooperation with Cornell Cooperative Extension, Cornell College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, and Lee Publications/Country Folks Magazine. Subscribe to receive a paper copy, or click on an issue below to read the magazine online.
Have an article idea? Want to submit a farm photo? Interested in becoming a writer or editor for the Quarterly? Contact Managing Editor Kacey Deamer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.