NESAWG Scholarship deadline now extended to September 7 at midnight!
NESAWG is offering a limited number of scholarships to attend the 2015 It Takes a Region Conference. Those interested must submit an application no later than September 7, 2015 by midnight. If you apply for a scholarship, please wait until you find out whether you received a scholarship before you register for the conference. Recipients will be notified on September 21. If you do not receive a scholarship, you will still be able to register for the conference at the Early Bird rate.
NESAWG’s annual It Takes a Region Conference brings together farm and food practitioners across the 12-state Northeast region to learn, debate, collaborate, and innovate solutions to critical food systems issues. For more information, visit the conference website.
For the 2015 It Takes a Region Conference they are offering two types of scholarships:
- Full scholarships cover all registration fees and two nights lodging – the total value of this scholarship is $345. Lodging will be a shared room, double occupancy.
- Partial scholarships cover $120 of the conference registration fee. Partial scholarship recipients pay $80 to attend. (Note: this scholarship does not cover lodging.)
Scholarships are intended to support attendance and create a pathway to engage in the NESAWG network for those in need of financial assistance. In reviewing requests, our selection priorities include:
- Financial Need
- People of Color diversity
- Geographic diversity within the Northeast
- Community leaders and emerging leaders
- Professional diversity
Please fill out the scholarship application form, found here, and email it to Karen Spiller (email@example.com) with “NESAWG Scholarship Application” in the subject line. You will receive a confirmation email that your application was received. If you do not receive this email within two days of submitting your application, please contact Karen by email or 313.808.0800.