From Recipe to Market: Workshop for New Food Entrepreneurs
A one-day workshop, “From Recipe to Market” for new food entrepreneurs will take place Monday, July 22, 8:30am-4:30pm at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County, 615 Willow Ave, Ithaca, NY. Presented in collaboration with the New York State Food Venture Center. Is your recipe ready to go to market? If your goal is to launch a specialty food business, then this program is for you. This one-day seminar will provide future food entrepreneurs with a grounding in food business basics, and knowledge of the critical issues to consider before starting a food processing business.
- Food Business Basics
- Marketing: Developing a Strategy, Objectives, Research, and Communication Plan
- Panel Discussion with Local Food Entrepreneurs followed by Questions and Answers
- The NYS Food Venture Center
- Market Trends and Product Development
- Regulatory Agencies and Requirements
- Food Safety, Processing, Packaging and Labeling
- Jennifer Cunningham-Ryan: Business CENTS Program Assistant, Alternatives Federal Credit Union
- Matt LeRoux: Agriculture Marketing Specialist, CCE-Tompkins
- Dr. Olga Padilla-Zakour: Associate Professor of Food Processing; Director of the New York State Food Venture Center and the Northeast Center for Food Entrepreneurship at Cornell University
- Carole Fisher: Extension Educator – Food Safety and Consumer Education, CCE-Tompkins
Workshop cost is $95, lunch and refreshments are provided. To register by phone with credit card, call CCE-Tompkins at (607) 272-2292; or download registration brochure at http://ccetompkins.org/sites/all/files/32/2013-%20RtoM%20Brochure-1.pdf
and send with payment to CCE-Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14850. For more information, contact Carole Fisher at CCE-Tompkins: (607) 272-2292 or email@example.com.