2017 NY Veterans in Agriculture Conference
The Cornell Small Farms Program and New York Farmer Veteran Coalition will be hosting a celebration of our state’s farmer veterans in Syracuse, NY on Nov 29th. The 2017 New York State Veterans in Agriculture Conference will take place from 9 am to 4:30 pm at the Arts & Home Center at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse. Following the conference, a networking reception will be held from 4:30 to 6 pm.
We invite veterans, service providers, and service organizations to attend, network, benefit from our technical training and professional development sessions, and share resources.
At this conference, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Network with other veterans who share an interest in agriculture
- Connect with service providers committed to the success of farmer veteran agri-entrepreneurs, and with service organizations and the resources they have to offer
- Attend targeted technical training for farmers focused on:
- Livestock Health
- Building your Business
- High Tunnels
- Develop as service providers through a ‘Supporting our Veteran Farmers’ session and Veteran Service Organization Roundtable Discussions
- Celebrate what NY agriculture has to offer for grounding, healing and connecting with local communities
The day will include opening remarks from Commissioner Ball and Senator Ritchie, a special announcement from the New York Farmer Veteran Coalition, Inc, and networking and training sessions for both veterans and service providers. Join us in a celebration of our farmer-veterans and of those who serve military veterans and beginning farmers in New York State.
Registration is now closed. A block of rooms has been reserved at Embassy Suites near Destiny USA for attendees traveling longer distances; to reserve a room at the reserved rate click here, or take a look at a list of other hotel options.
This event is hosted by the Cornell Small Farms Program and the New York Farmer Veteran Coalition, Inc, and co-sponsored by Farm Credit East, the New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets, the New York Farm Bureau, and the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture, under award number 2015-70017-22882.