Are you looking for a farm internship, apprenticeship or job? Looking for venues to post an opportunity? We’ve compiled an extensive national list for you!
Internships, Apprenticeships, Farm Management Jobs
- ATTRA Internship Database
- Sustainable Food Jobs
- New Entry Sustainable Farming Project’s Employment Directory and Map
- Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA) Classifieds
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) – in NY, CT, Mass, VT, RI, and the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Assoc.
- University of Vermont Farm, Land, Business, and Employment Opportunities
- Rodale Institute Classifieds
- Greenhorns Blog (has job opps interspersed with other interesting news items)
- Cornell Small Farms Bi-Monthly Update – This online newsletter includes an employment section and reaches nearly 10,000 farmers and farm service providers in New York and across the Northeast. Sign up to receive the SF Update here.
- UMass Amherst Landscape/Gardening/Nursery jobs and internships
- Craigslist – The “Job Opportunities” section of your local Craigslist offers a place to search for local hired help or temporary workers
- National Young Farmers Coalition website offers jobs across the country. Search by region!
Experiential Training & Certificate Programs
- Beginning Farmers website provides a comprehensive listing of beginning farmer training programs including college/university programs, farm-based programs, urban farming programs, and online certificate programs.
- Collaborative Regional Alliance for Farmer Training (CRAFT) provides farmer-to-farmer learning and access to the social network and culture of local farmers – multiple regions
- Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming (Ithaca, NY) offers many courses in various aspects of production and business planning and land access via an Incubator Farm.
- Maine Organic Farmers and Gardners Association (MOFGA) offers a comprehensive Journeyperson program for aspiring farmers, as well as a farm apprentice program that connects people wanting to learn organic farming with experienced farmers willing to share their expertise.
- The University of Vermont offers a 6-month intensive farmer training program for aspiring farmers and food systems advocates that provides a hands-on, skill-based education in sustainable agriculture.
- The Farm School has a year-long, residential, licensed program that provides practical training in forestry, animal husbandry, carpentry, mechanics, business planning, marketing and organic vegetable production.
- Better Farm is a sustainability campus, artist colony and organic farm in Redwood NY in which Sustainability Education students receive a hands-on immersive, introductory crash-course in