Most of us go into farming with the thought of making some – or all – of our
livelihood through the sale of what we make or grow. As you grow your operation to provide more of your family’s income, having a carefully planned marketing strategy becomes more critical.
Completion of this online course will enable you to better understand how to price your products, position yourself in the “buy local”, direct sales or wholesale marketplace, and understand low-cost “guerrilla” marketing tactics to get the best bang for your buck and make your farm operation financially sustainable. If you complete the activities in this course, you will possess a marketing plan to guide decisions for which market channels to enter, branding and crisis management plans and pricing guidelines for your farm products.
This course will help you:
- Link your farm’s mission and vision to your commercial goals and marketing strategy
- Understand the key elements of a solid marketing plan
- Define who your target customers are and how to most effectively reach them
- Develop and implement effective marketing strategies
- Assign various pricing strategies depending on the product and market
- Understand what a “brand” is and how to relate it back to your marketing activities
- Create a marketing plan through weekly input from the course instructors
DATES: November 9 – December 14, 2016 with webinars each Wednesday evening from 6:00-7:30pm Eastern time.
LEARN MORE AND REGISTER: http://www.nebeginningfarmers.org/online-courses/all-courses/bf-201-making-money/