Thinking about adding berries to the farm? Growing strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and other berries is scalable and economical. Learn all about it during our 6-week online course starting November 8.
This course will help you consider all the aspects of this decision, from varieties and site selection all the way through profit potential and marketing. It is especially useful if you are exploring the possibilities of growing berries for income – be it supplemental or for your livelihood. The material presented will assume little past knowledge of farming, but a background in gardening will be very helpful.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- Primary considerations when choosing a site for successful berry farming
- Basic cultural demands of the 3 major berry crops (strawberry, blueberry and brambles)
- Cultural requirements of an array of lesser-known berry crops
- Pest complexes of the major berry crops
- Post-harvest requirements of berries
- Considerations for successful marketing of berry crops
- How to analyze costs vs. expenses and be able to incorporate them into a business plan
DATES: November 8 – December 16 with Webinars on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:00pm EST
LEARN MORE & REGISTER: http://www.nebeginningfarmers.org/online-courses/all-courses/bf-122-berry-production/